Message Endpoint! This is just a code piece of code which sits between the data application and the message channel. The R&R (role and responsibility) of this module is to:
- Interpret the data coming from the Data Application. This can be as simple as calling a Java method from data application which sits inside another Java class. Can be implemented in a number of ways though!
- Creates a connection to the message channel to which the Data application is intended to connect and receive the data.
- Creates a message structure and populates the same with the contents from the Data Application.
- Transmits the message to the Message Channel
- If allowed, wait for the response and respond back to the Data Application if this is a 2-way communication.
The same is applicable on the Receiver applications side.
Hence we can classify Message Endpoint as:
- Consumer End Point [Also known as “Out-bound Connector/Adapter”]
- Receiver End Point [Also known as “In-bound Connector/Adapter”]
I hope you like the explanation. Share your thoughts on the same.